Corrosion is a major cause for failures, and it is becoming more and more critical for reliability. Corrosion analysis methods can give you extra information about the corrosive environment your products are used in.
We offer corrosion analysis for your devices as well as corrosive environment monitoring service!
Corrosion analysis and test methods
We offer analysis of the corrosion and corrosion products with and optical microscope. For more detailed analysis Scanning electron microscope (SEM) with Energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX) can be used as well as X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis. EDX and XRD give information about the composition of the corrosion products.
For bare copper or silver samples, we offer coulometric reduction method to get thicknesses and compositions of different layers of the formed corrosion products. Cross section with SEM analysis offers a way to see how deep the corrosion has reached.
Corrosion test methods
Mixed flowing gas (MFG) testing
- Single gas testing or combination of several different corrosive gases
- Several test standards available
- Testing of components and whole devices
- Electrical measurements availabel during testing
Salt spray testing
- Continuous salt spray testing
- Cyclic tests
- Electrical measurements available during testing
Flowers of sulphur testing
- Testing with high sulphur athmosphere
- Can be combined with chlorine exposure
- Designed especially for for printed circuit boards and creep corrosion studies
- Especially effective for silver
Analysis of corrosive environments – Corrosion Monitoring Cube
Corrosion Monitoring Cube is and easy and fast corrosion monitoring service to study the use environments and test conditions.
Small package – can be used in many different environments and locations
Simple attachment with an adhesive tape
Based on corrosion analysis of copper and silver coupons
Two analysis methods; weight gain and coulometric reduction – Significantly improves the reliability of the results
Four corrosion coupons – Increases the accuracy of measurements
Humidity and temperature measured with high quality sensors
Results analysed and reported by experts!
Please, use the form below to contact us for further information of our services